Chemical peeling in used of a chemical solution in order to improve the skin appearance. It can reduce or eliminate fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth. It helps to reduce skin pigmentation and to treat the scars caused by acne.
Q. Which substances are uses for chemical peel?
- Alpha Hydroxy acids [Glycolic acid]
- Trichloro acetic acid [TCA]
- Salicylic acid
Alpha Hydroxy Acids [AHA] such as Glycolic, Lactic or other acids produce superficial peeling , that can often provide smother brighter looking skin. It can be used to treat.
- Fine wrinkles
- Acne Scars
Glycolic Acid (GA)
- Most commonly used agent for Chemical Peel It may Protecting cases: stinging, redness, irritation usually, dryness. Protecting skin from sun is important following GA peels.
TCA: (35-50%) Peels
- It can be used in a varied no. of concentrations: Commonly used for
- Medium depth peeling
- for surface wrinkles
- Superficial blemishes
- Acne scars
Contraindication for chemical peels
- Inadequate sun protection
- Use of Isotretinoin medication.
Complication of chemical peel
- Chemical burns
All side effects and complications are reversible with little care. Counseling and patient education is important.